Here’s what you need to know before the Institute:
- The program runs from approximately 8:00 am in the morning until 12:00 a.m. everyday. Don’t plan on lots of free time or on leaving the conference site.
- The week is alcohol free—that means no drinking anytime for students or faculty. The week is simply too important to allow drinking to be an issue.
- Dress is casual except for the Commencement ceremony on the last day (coat and tie for men, nice skirt/pants and blouse for women). On the second day, you’ll participate in an outdoor challenge course, so be sure and bring one set of “grubby” clothes (including long pants, socks, and old tennis shoes) for that activity.
- Transportation to and from the conference site will be by bus from the MSU campus. All students will be expected to depart from the MSU campus by bus.
- All of your meals, lodging, and materials are taken care of so there’s no need to bring much money to The Institute. Your only expenditures will be candy, pop, or miscellaneous items.
- Finally, begin thinking right now of a bold and challenging project—a vision for your organization, workplace, or community—that you’d like to pursue and explore during The Institute. By coming prepared with a project in mind, you’ll get much more out of your six-day experience.