Michigan State University will be a place where all people have the means and the opportunity to resolve conflict peacefully and in a manner that supports personal and community accountability and social justice.
… to educate students to be responsible citizens. A responsible citizen is someone who:
- supports the search for truth;
- lives within community standards;
- understands their rights and responsibilities as they relate to others:
- believes in due process and justice for all; and
- understands wrongdoing primarily as a violation of relationships.
In order to meet our mission, The Department of Student Life provides a variety of programs and services designed to provide faculty, staff and students with the means to resolve conflict peacefully and to help restore members of our community when harm is done. You will find a comprehensive listing of these programs on our Conflict Resolution Services page.