Resources for Students
- Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Domestic Violence Shelter & Support
- Academic Dishonesty
- Conflict with a faculty or staff member
- Relationship Violence, Sexual Assault and Harassment
- Study Abroad Handbook
Enrollment and degree certification is a service provided by the Office of the Registrar in most cases. This service provides confirmation of enrollment status (e.g., full-time, part-time), dates of attendance, and degree(s) conferred. Certification is used to confirm this information to outside agencies, including but not limited to:
- Educational institutions (e.g., graduate and professional schools).
- Professional licensing organizations (e.g., a State Bar).
- Employers (e.g., government agencies).
Before a certification form is completed by the Office of the Registrar, the student must first confirm that the information requested is not available through the National Student Clearinghouse self-services or their MSU transcript. Certificates includes student name, enrollment status (e.g., full-time, part-time), effective dates, and term start and end dates. The MSU transcript includes student name, major, term start and end dates, course subjects, credit hours, GPA, degrees conferred, and other related information.
The Office of the Registrar will only process certification forms for students under one or more of the following circumstances:
- Disciplinary records requests
- Academic integrity/dishonesty records requests
- Requests for other required information not provided by the National Student Clearinghouse self-service or the MSU transcript
Student requests may be made by completing the student request Certification Request Form (pdf). Submit the form to the Office of the Registrar by mail, fax, or in person.
FOR Professional and Business Organizations:
The National Student Clearinghouse, Michigan State University’s authorized agent, provides enrollment and degree information. Requests may be made online, by phone, fax, email, or mail:
Phone: (703) 742-4200
Fax: (703) 742-4239
Mail: National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Blvd., Ste. 300
Herndon, VA 20171