Housing Exception Application

If you WILL have 28 credits or above by the time they start at MSU, DO NOT COMPLETE THIS APPLICATION.

This form is ONLY for undergraduate freshmen and transfers who will NOT have 28 credits by the time they start at MSU. If you WILL NOT HAVE 28 CREDITS, follow the instructions below step-by-step to avoid unnecessary confusion and frustration if you wish to apply for an exception. If you have questions about any of the information presented here, please contact the Department of Student Life at 517 355-8286.

This form has moved. Please visit the new housing exception application.

STOP HERE! You are automatically qualified to live off campus. Please note however that you may be required at some future date to verify that you meet one of these criteria.

IMPORTANT: If you signed a housing contract for the upcoming year, you MUST also complete a Contract Release Application.

Return to Student Life website

If none of the above apply to you, then click the box below.

None of the above apply to me: